Dear friend of PERRLA,
I wrote about “link-baiting” a few months ago. I don’t normally like to return to the same topic so quickly – unless the topic is otters, of course. But, I saw a link-bait title the other day that is the be-all and end-all of link-bait article titles…
New Find Could Change Everything!
Oh, weather.com! You are good at weather reporting AND link-baiting. You got me!
How could I NOT click that link?! I mean, if I were about to become single again OR a polygamist, I needed to know.
Feeling shame, I clicked the link only to learn that the “find that could change everything” was the discovery of a warm-blooded fish. Wow! That IS a game-changer – if you’re an ichthyologist!
Judge for yourself whether or not this will change everything. (It changed everything for the fish.)
For those of you who have graduated, give us some wisdom. What would you tell younger students who are working on their degree?Besides PERRLA, what good habits, advice, technology, etc. helped you to achieve success? Reply to this email and share your thoughts/experiences. We’ll collect the wisdom and share it on our facebook page.
PERRLA Complete update
- Reminders, due or overdue today that haven’t been marked complete
- Events that occur today
- Incomplete assignments due within the next week
- Incomplete papers due within the next week
- Incomplete To-Dos due within the next week
- Paper percentage complete if using the paper plan
Well, I’m going to keep the newsletter mercifully short this month.
I can’t leave without thanking those of you who tell others about us. It means everything to our company’s success.
Have a great summer and I’ll send another newsletter in August when we get ready to tackle the fall semester together.
Cliff Batson, COO
– Psyched that it’s still May and we’ve got the whole summer ahead of us!
– Adopt an otter here: http://www.ottershop.co.uk/PBSCProduct.asp?ItmID=9857654
– You don’t actually get to take the otter home. Be cool.
– Shout out to my niece Sara… congrats on your graduation! See you this weekend.